View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 03:43 AM   #116
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

My wife and I disagreed on the issue for quite some time, but I eventually won. I DID NOT want a ginormous mirror in the dining room (that's where this was hanging) and I agreed to let her install a set of 3 smaller mirrors if I could take this one out.

Question is, what to do with a giant mirror in good shape??? Put it in the garage!!!

1. I decided to put it on the right side of the garage. I took down the cheap wire shelves on that side of the garage so I could park my 67 as close to the wall as possible so I could have more "workable room" in the garage. The truck is probably only 6-8" from the wall. This also seemed to be a good spot to cover up a lot of holes so I didn't have to fill them in

2. My wife left a cute message for future owners if they ever take the mirror down, or if I ever take it down someday, and can look back and smile

3. I used 1/4" lattice to frame the mirror, it was the same thickness...

4. Once the mirror was framed (everything got construction adhesive and nails, the mirror just got the adhesive ) I made an outer frame to further hold it on by using the same casing the windows and doors used in the house. I like how it came out.

Some people may look at it and say, Redneck, that ain't centered 'tween 'dem winders, and I would say to those people, you are correct! I did have it centered, and I had my wife hold it up (after I installed the lower lattice board for it to sit on) and I realized I would "see myself" every time I opened the door to the garage. So I wouldn't freak myself out every now and again, I moved it 6" to the left so I don't see myself when I open the door. I'm standing on the stoop to the door in the pic, and if I moved about an inch to the left I could see my shoulder in the mirror, so I like the new placement.

5. Just another view.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 02-06-2010 at 03:54 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote