Thread: My 93 CCSSB
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #298
BigBlocksRule

Re: My 93 Crewcab Build

FastEddie, I'm with you, brother. I have a C&C that I'm gonna use for a ProStreet 454SS clone build. After I tried to figure out some configuration that would allow me to run wider tires, etc. with the stock chassis, I stumbled onto a C&C and I think it solved my problems. According to my preliminary measurements, the rear axle on a SWB should be centered between the two cross braces, giving a perfect spot for coilovers. Here's a pic, taken while I was standing on the gas tank at the back of the chassis.

The front yardstick represents where the axle should be, the T-square is just about where the frame rails will be cut.
As an added bonus, the C&C's have the narrowest of the 14-bolt full floater axles, 4X4 and rock crawler guys love 'em and will pay for 'em. I bought my C&C with a dead engine in it, sold the NV4500 for $350 more than I paid for the entire truck and still have a good roller 350 block. I'm still selling parts off of it, I hope to have enough for rearend narrowing and 4-link parts.
It looks like I'll be able to run the 1-ton front control arms with 1/2 ton spindles, just need to replace the spring, etc.
BigBlocksRule is offline   Reply With Quote