View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 03:09 AM   #19
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Well, with some help from some friends, I FINALLY got my BFG Mud tires on. A big thanks goes out to Jason4x4 from CK5, who not only found the last wheels that I needed, but also mounted and balanced them for me on his lunch hour. I would not have thought that finding what has to be the most common eight lug steel wheel on the planet would be so difficult, but every time I had something set up, it went to hell in a handbasket. Either the wheels were wrong or the person flaked out or, or, or...Jeez.

Anyways, I took a nice drive down to his place of employment with my wheels and tires and he put them all together. I brought them home and had to put them on as I was too anxious to see how it looked and also to see if my vibration would go away (more the latter, but I did want to see what it looked like).

So, without further delay: (It was overcast today so the pics aren't as bright as the should be)

A front view:

Now with the ever timeless hub caps:

So, all in all I like the look of it. It changed the entire image of the truck. The unfortunate thing is it also changed how it drives. The truck definitely has to be DRIVEN now. Not quite NASCAR sawing at the wheel, but it definitely requires attention going down the road.

So, now for the question you all are wondering about: Did the vibration go away??

Wait for it....

Nope. Nothing changed. The vibration is still alive and well. I guess that rules out the tires/wheels/balancing from the equation.

Damn. Thanks again Jason!!