View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #166
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
HAHAHA! We think alike. 250,000+ mile motor in a 25,000- mile truck (Dodges).
Yeah, maybe not quite that bad but definitely not built to the caliber of the motor. It is very evident when you call around looking for a Cummins as most wrecking yards will have at least a couple compared to when you call around looking for a Powersmoke, you will call many that have none. Cummins outlast the Dodge they come in and Fords outlasts the powersmoke that comes in them.

Quote:
Yeah, I found that size tire a while ago, it is rather odd. Just about everything I've found in that size is a mud terrain, Toyo has a couple models (M-55 & Open Country MT) in it. I really like tall & skinny tires, I think they look good, perform better, and put less stress on the front end parts.
I picked them because I could put them on my "old man" wheels--really. I have a set of aluminum wheels here that are wide--33x12.50s look right on them, but I have really grown to like the stock wheels and hubcaps.

Quote:
I really like the Spicer hubs hanging off the D60, where did you find those?
Thanks. I bought them some time ago, but I do not remember where. Probably off of some internet site that has a classified section.