View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #159
lks dcvn

Re: 1972 Blazer - 'Bullet' Project

Thanks for the nomination for the "BLAZER" [Busy Leading A Zealous Endeavor of Revival] Award...little at a time and then a few long hours on the weekend.

I get cabin fever in the winter so being outside and productive helps to pass the cold months quicker - at least for me that is. I will be looking forward to taking the top off when the body is done and then doing some cruising this Summer [might be getting ahead of myself though] - LOT of work to go.

I don't think any vehicle came with the VIN etched in the glass - one owner along the way did it on the Blue one though...

$100 to just spray it - hmmmm - maybe I will just wait until Spring to worry about the fender/door since they will be removed [and possibly replaced] anyway.

I will be replacing the windshield and the broken rear driver side hatch glass in the spring as well - so those won't have the VIN after that.

I want to get this done before April so I can get my other cars out of extended storage and back into my garage. It keeps me moving to stay within my 'time line'.

I hope the driver side doesn't take me months though - the pix offer a double-edged sword - I like the pix for reference, but they can slow down the progress a bit -
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote