View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Repairing the Generation II armrest

The kit does not come with any kind of mounting hardware so I had a couple of phillips head trim screws and a couple of small pan head screws with washers and nuts that I would use to secure the plate in there.
I set the piece of broken plastic in place then i set the patch in there and about equal distance from each side I marked with a sharpie where i thought holes should be and marked them. I then proceeded to drill the holes through the metal patch panel. I placed the patch into the armrest lid then applied pressure to the patch so I could determine where the holes were needed for the two screws and nuts that go through the thin plastic wall of the cover between the front and rear sections.
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote