View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Repairing the Generation II armrest

I took black silicone and made a design on the inside of the lid then placed the patch panel in the lid. I attached the front section first using the nuts and bolts. I put the heads of the bolts towards the smaller section or front of the lid. I also used a flat washer on the patch panel side of the lid and tightended them down hand tight. I took the trim screws which would self thread in the other side and pushed down hard ont he patch panel and screwed them in.
Once this was done I took the silicone and caulked around the edges of the patch to make it look more finished.

Once this was done , I reinstalled the lid on the armrest and its done,
I may try to find a piece of black vynal or the sticky anti friction tape stuff and install that to give a more finished and original look. Im also going to go back and touch up the paint on the screw heads.

Now if i could get a break from the weather, I could install the seats in my truck
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote