View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #246
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

The sun came out for an hour just as I finished pressure washing the frame
Maybe an omen to take some pictures, of course I need no omen to take pictures (smile)

Spent a few days removing the brake lines and cables, fuel lines, driveshaft, and exhaust from the frame. Then broke out the propane torch and scraper to remove some of the undercoating on the frame (there’s still some undercoating that will need to be removed).

I rebuilt the front suspension a few years ago to include a 2-1/2 inch drop spindles and see no need to take it apart, just a little touchup paint will be needed

I see no damage to the frame just some surface rust and minor pitting. Not planning on sandblasting the frame just scuffing it up with some scotch bright and using Eastwood’s Rust Converter, Rust Encapsulator, and Extreme Chassis Black (Satin). I’ve never used the products before but I think they will fit my needs for a finish on the frame.

Name:  Frame-Cleaning-1.jpg
Views: 6009
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  Frame-Cleaning-2.jpg
Views: 6004
Size:  97.2 KB

Name:  Frame-Cleaning-3.jpg
Views: 5942
Size:  63.2 KB

The new larger air compressor I installed has been working good and was a benefit helping in blowing out all the trapped water in the nooks & cranny’s and water traps in the frame, it was completely dry in no time.

Enjoy your build