View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #11
Jimmer

Re: 88 V30 fiberglassed dash and custom gauges

Dash is currently installed in the truck...no pictures yet.

I DID have to cut some of the metal behind the dash pad behind the bottom gauge. I wanted to be able to get to the bulb to change if needed...and the mounting lugs extended a bunch. I probably could have just drilled (2) 1/2 inch holes to make room for the mounting studs of the gauge.

While the dash was out I upgraded the dash lights to the 168's and also pained the "behind" bezel in gloss white as others have mentioned to do on the board. Have not check out the difference in light yet...too dang cold and or I am too lazy to go out at night to look! LOL

I have a gauge bezel from a k5 with 6.2 that has the "wait to start" and "water in fuel" or whatever they are lights in the top center. Can't remember. I will rig up some lights for that too.

As for that stereo...this bezel is uncut...I think I will find a radio delete plate and not install my Kenwood back in the dash. Thinking of just running my Zune with FM tuner directly to the amp and using that as the "radio".

Figured that I would post some pix and descriptions on my stuff...to add to the great knowledge on the board. So many times there is a lot of "I did this"...but no photos. Hope that someone will get inspired and go out and do some custom work on their square body!
Jim
Attached Images

Last edited by Jimmer; 02-14-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote