View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #172
lks dcvn

Re: 1972 Blazer - 'Bullet' Project

I would love to head back to SA for a week or so - I really like that area. It won't be happening this year though - no trips other than Alaska is planned.

I also do IT for a living - I hesitated for weeks wondering if I had the skills to do this. Actually with a IT background it is somewhat comparable [analyze the issue, determine a plan on how to approach the situation and then take action].

I would walk out there and look at the truck and even asked a few board members what it would cost to have them do it - price was more than I wanted to spend [now I see why], and figured - what the hell - just do it. It hasn't been that bad really.

There really isn't a 'hard' part - it just takes patience, time and repetition to get moving forward. Take plenty of measurements before and during to make sure that you are in spec.

The question is - should I patch the a pillar, b pillar and the floor and then cut out the old torsion box and replace it or should I approach it the exact opposite way and do the torsion box first?
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote