View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Dan's '46 - Some Small Stuff Done Today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveway Dreams View Post
Nice progress Dan. Looks like quality pieces, other than the grommet. Progress is progress no matter how small. Just remember, you did that while I was at work...not making any progress or money. (Hey wait! That sucks!)
Yeah, the pieces are good but I am wondering a bit about JIm Cater Truck Parts. I was looking through the Chev's of the 40's catalog last night because someone has given me a gift certificate. I noticed that their glovebox says it comes. "...complete with clips." I think those are the small sheet metal clips that the screws (not provided, gotta buy those separatel!) use to "grab" onto the dash sheet metal. I'm pretty sure I can get those at a hardware store, but stilll it seems like they should comes withthe glovebox. I bought that box about the second week I had the truck last summer and didn't think to ask about them then.

I think they should have told me I needed nuts for the cowl vent shoulder bolts - they told me about the bolts. And they should have told me I needed the nuts to mount the glovebox hinges too. I DID ask about small tuff when I bought all this because I was buying all the door window felt and cab windlaces and hood weatherstripping, etc. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote