View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
morgan71

Re: Longer leaf springs and shackle flip questions

Okay, here is what I know and its not alot. I have been researching on how best to lift m 1972 k2500. The shackle flip deal is good if you dont plan on hauling trailers or loads as the shackle reversal doesnt support weight as well as the factory design, it puts the shackle under compression rather than tension and would likely make it want to roll under heavy weight. If your springs are shot you could have them rearched, here in Tulsa that costs 150 for both rear springs and then with the added cost of the shackle flip you have just bought yourself a new set of springs. Tuff country has a affordable setup that rides good but they dont recommend towing with it unless you add overloads because they are easy rides front and rear. I know Rough Country are supposed to ride very rough but I am converting to a big block and I still want towing capacity so I will likely be going that direction. Let me know what you think about that I have been thinking I might email them and try and get a group buy discount for those who are interested.
morgan71 is offline   Reply With Quote