View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
roadracer9
Retired from a track near you!

"All Out Original 72"

Well folks, I started this build, 5 months ago, I like another 2 or 3 months to finish. The truck was purchased in Arkansas, had a pretty good cab, but the bed was a rust bucket, and the "Whole" truck was absolutely worn out! I have been a mechanic, by trade, for 31 years now, so I know these trucks pretty well. I have taken every metal part you will see in the photos, and sandblasted, etch primered, and painted, or replaced, and then some! This truck will be at least, 95% restored with NOS, still in the boxes original GM parts! I found a fellow locallly who had a mountain of these parts. I have paid dearly for them, but wow, it's been nice finding them! I still like a few parts, that you guys will come thru with I'm sure! I hope you all enjoy this build as much as I am. I figured if I started this thread now, and started posting the pics I have, I would be finished by the time I downloaded the pics. LOL ! I have noticed that most of the builds posted are somewhat, or extremely modified! I hope you folks won't pick on me too much for being an "Ole School", original type guy? Thanks to all, and comments good, or bad, are welcome, I hope the good outweigh the bad for sure !
Attached Images

roadracer9 is offline   Reply With Quote