View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #328
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Project: Blank Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt schlicht View Post
Glad to hear the good news! Now I need to save my money.
You won't regret it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourkraut View Post
nate, that is good to hear! i have the exact same specs and ece drop! cant wait to try it out!
I can't wait to see how it looks on your project. How is that coming along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmachinist View Post
Nate,
I'm new to this forum, I just recently discovered this thread, and have read "Blank Slate" with great interest. Your truck is really awesome!!! The Build info has been very inspiring for my own efforts.

I have aquired an 1969 GMC short bed fleet in mostly original condition. It is a small block 307 & Powerglide tranny. It was a farm truck for 38 years based just outside Hot Springs, Arkansas. The guy I bought it from had it painted light Green. I believe this is the original color, however I think it was originally a two-tone, light green/white like yours. When I had the windshield replaced, I found white paint at the sides and top of the windshield seat. The suspension, brakes and steering need rebuilding. I will convert to disc fronts like you did. I have ordered the disc brake kit with 2 1/2" dropped spindles with 3" drop springs in the back. I ordered everything from Early.

Great thread, I will post pics of my 69 GMC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmachinist View Post
Nate,
Where did you purchase your rubber bed mat material?

Thanks,
Dale
Dale, first off let me welcome you to the best place on the net, and I'm not referring to my build thread. You're going to learn to love this site, I guarantee that!

Actually I ordered my bed mat from a local 4x parts store. They were able to purchase the mat and had it delivered to them all for only $50-60; that's right $50-60. Most mats that I priced were over $100 plus shipping but thanks to my wife (b-day gift) she picked this up for me so I didn't scratch my recent investment.

Let me see if I can locate the info on the mat, and I will get it to you. And don't think that since the price is cheap that the mat is the same way... after cutting it down to fit the SWB (originally a LWB mat) it still has me huffing and puffing when I pull it back out.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the build, the site, MO car shows, etc. BTW, we have several meet and greets throughout the state, and would love to have you make one. Keep posted to the thread in my signature for 2010 dates.

Cheers!
Nate

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote