View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #121
sourkraut

Re: "The way it is" 67'swb

Well have been busy lately and have not had to much time do work on the truck. I had off yesterday and was able to finally get the front end on my truck completely done. The PO had put a power steering box with spacers that were cut like a "c"?? The only thing I could thing of was he was not able to hold the weight of the box and bolt it in or use any type of measuring system and added them till it did not hit the frame. Made some spacers and a backing plate for a little extra strength. I know it is elementary but wanted some extra support. I have heard both sides of the story about denting the frame, the spacers and not needing any extra strength. I figured I would go for the extra insurance! Once done I had powdercoated all of them to match the frame color. Once I had it all together I was going to grease the pitman arm and realized I needed a new tube of grease for the gun. This quadruple explative is nothing more than a PITA! I fiddled around for 20 mins trying to get it in and had grease every where and could not hold the cap down and screw it on cause of the mess. Needless to say it is still sitting on the floor! I need him to come over and fix it for good. Course you forget how much of a pain it is till you need a new tube in it!

The other thing I found out is naval jelly is nasty stuff and should not be let to sit on a foam brush for any long period of time!
Attached Images

sourkraut is offline   Reply With Quote