View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #60
Smallz72project

Re: I got "FED UP" so went and bought a 67'

I got the frame all cleaned up and am now ready to coat it and start putting the suspension together. Im thinking of just spraying it with weld through primer as I want to get it back to roller status so I can move it around while I fab and mock up the rest of the chassi before final coating. Started tinkering on the cab a bit more, stripped the most of the guts out, ripped all the wiring out. Discovered a few more issues that make me weary about pushing forward. At this point I need to decide if I want to continue with my 67 cab or switch over to the 72 cab. I want to keep the 67 if at all possible for the reason of the small back window. First I cut open the cowl on the driver side to find it stuffed with more crap then the passenger side was, and the vent door literally was held up by the garbage and fell out once it was cleaned. Also found a spot rusted through on top of the cowl under the dash. Not worried so much about the vent door cause I plan on elimenating them all together. And the hole under the dash is never seen so I can repair it with out it being super precise with it having different curves to it. Also on the driver side where the roof seams meet, its spread quite a bit and the outside is filled with bondo, the inside is seperated as well but not filled.
Attached Images

Smallz72project is offline   Reply With Quote