View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Alright, actual pics now instead of drawings. Excuse the poor quality - they're off my phone.

I cut out the trunk pan because, well, it was trashed. And now it allows me a lot more access to my suspension. It'll make it SO much easier to clean up the metal, re-do my frame rails, and do final welding on it.

So now, I'm trying to set up my panhard, since I finally got my spacers drilled out. I'm using a drag link I bought for my '69 K20, but never used. It's long, round, strong, and I happened to already have it. So voila, it'll get used. Now just to figure out the ends and such, and we're home free. I may just end up using the stock ends, but there are better options. They just cost money, haha.

I think I'm going to end up ordering a 4x8 sheet of 16 gauge for my floor and trunk, and a few other patches that I'll need it for. It's $55, plus tax, through a local metal shop.

And that's about where it sits as we speak. I'll be sure to keep you posted as I try to get some more done on this wreck.

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote