View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
Twitchin R&C

Not Your Typical Bagged Truck Build

As the title says, this aint the typical frame draggin, rocker scrapin bagged truck build. This is an off road truck build that just so happens to have airbag suspension. Since we spend most of our vacation time at Pismo I am going for the Prerunner Style. I am startin off with a 2wd 1975 GMC Crew Cab dually with an 1982 Chevy front clip, rebuilt 350/TH-400, Dana 70 rearend and shiny Alcoa rims. Originally I was going to lift the front end with some custom coil springs but we couldnt get that quite right so I bit the bullet and ordered bags, brackets, fittings, and airline($238.95) from *****************. Tore the front end apart. Built a tube bumper($29.94 for material). And got the bags installed.

since the bags will stay at one height for the most part i decided i would just use a schrader valve($4.99) to air them up and down. after a little head scratchin my buddy said we should tap the inside of the 3/8 fitting(below) so we could screw the valve into it. threw some loctite on and we are good to go.

And heres how it looks all put back together.

Twitchin R&C is offline   Reply With Quote