View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
stealthy '69
'69 Chevy SWB

Found a nice stash of NOS parts

So my parents came to visit this weekend. Just a little back story. My step-dad has a 72 SWB that I've been in love with and wanted for the past 15 or more years. Well after BSing for a while, my step dad asked me what body parts I need for my truck. So I mention one of the things I need is inner fenders. He tells me "Well I have a passenger one that still has the GM sticker on it." He had bought it before a local dealership closed about 20 years ago. Then he proceeds to tell me that he also has a complete set of body mounts and a rebuild kit for his steering column. All NOS parts, Still has the stickers in perfect shape, Still has all the packaging and boxes in perfect shape. I made sure to tell him to hide everything, because next time I'm home, it WILL be in my car. So, I was curious what that kind of stuff is worth. I told him it might be worth try to sell them and get reproduction parts. His truck is a work truck/daily driver, so he would be happy with reproduction parts. That doesn't mean I'm posting them for sale, it's just an idea we had. So all you NOS gurus out there, please chime in and let me know. Thanks ahead of time.

'69 Chevy SWB Fleet, Primer Black; Project No Name
'06 Chevy Trailblazer, Blueish Silver?; Wifes DD, Sold
'08 Chevy Impala SS, Silver; the new DD, AND IT IS FUN!!!
'99 Dodge Dakota R/T, Intense Blue; DD, Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
The tig welds are not the prettiest i have seen but they do have good penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
There are two things in life where penetration is really important.....and one of them is welding.

Last edited by stealthy '69; 03-07-2010 at 04:15 PM.
stealthy '69 is offline   Reply With Quote