View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
Twitchin R&C

Re: Not Your Typical Bagged Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCncsuHD View Post
It's dynamic balancing, once you get up to speed the BB's will collect opposite of the heavier spot in your wheel/tire combo, balancing it out. Although most people do not use actual steel shot BB's since the moisture in the air inside the tire causes them to rust, as well as it basically "shot peens" the aluminum wheels at low speed. Most people use the plastic Airsoft BBs. You see it more in big heavy offroad tires that are difficult to balance. I've even seen golf balls thrown in the big 2.5 ton+ truck tires to balance them out.

Interesting build. So I assume you are pulling the DRW hubs front and rear to go SRW?
Thanks for explaining that, GCncsuHD.I didnt understand the concept when I first heard of it. But i do know it works. As to using actual steel shot, i have never had a problem with the zinc plated ones rusting. At most they lose their shine but thats about it. And i will not be using the aluminum rims with these tires so no worry about "shot peening" the rims. As for your question, I will be keeping the DRW hubs front and back. Stock H1 military rims (which i have ordered and should be here tomorrow) have the same offset as dually wheels(they are just wider than a dually wheel) so i can run them without any modification to the hubs. Really, stock H1 wheels only fit H1's (duh) and DRW hubbed trucks because of their enormous offset. But I will be getting rid of the dually fender.
Twitchin R&C is offline   Reply With Quote