View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
pen101

Smile Re: carrier bearing..inner race.

I finally got a uncle to come by and I put her on stands.
He ran it at 70KMH and I did the old stick trick listening for the vibration at the carrier bearing...nothing just a nice clean "whirling" noise from there...I was at a drive shaft speciality shop to get my "shafts" balanced last week and was told that the carrier bearing came off to easily and that the "out-put shaft" needed replacement...total 320 plus plus..I declined and glad I did, cause If that was the problem I would have heard it thru the old stick trick.

I've redid everything, took my time and double and triple checked everything inclussive of retaining clips, trany mount (looks new no cracks) new seal in the back of the NV3500 and check the fluid in my rear end. No leak the either so need to do the pinion seal.

I hear some "clicking" from my rear end drive wheel side but am not convinced this is the problem either...that axle has one or two bearings(?) would they not howl first?

I look at my shaft as it travels...I think it needs to be rebalanced...looks like the vibration is there.

I appreciate all thoughts and suggestion.

Many thanks
pen101 is offline   Reply With Quote