View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #144
SCOTI

Re: lowered shortbeds on stock wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
It's where the weight of the wheel is. Moving that weight out just an inch from center changes everything. 2.5" out from center effects even more. And if the 20" wheel/tire weighs more than the 15" wheel/tire, the negative effects are even more.

Its the same with brakes. Going from a 10.75" rotor to a 12" rotor increases braking ability tremendously. The little changes make a big difference in performance.

I like the looks of 20's. I just don't like the sacrifice that goes with them.
That's just it... if that 20" cast wheel weighs more than the steel wheel. That 20" wheel can be purchased in a lighter forged wheel & will allow larger brakes too (which I know you know ).

I weighed mine & was suprised how similar the over-all weights were between the 20" Coys & 15x8" steelies (again, similar pkg. diameters despite the difference in wheel diameters). Yes, that weight can be farther from the center-point but I doubt many actually scale the two choices for accurate analysis.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 03-15-2010 at 01:54 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote