View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
neo297

Re: 2004 yukon xl tranny slipping

I cant remember I think it was mobil 1 I know I checked at the time to make sure it was compatable with my year. I use mobil one oils in my other trucks( ford explorer), but have to use high zddp oil and stp red in my alfa due to the flat tappet cams. I have no leaks and i checked several times after to ensure the level was ok. The fluid now seems darker but still red not black. If it were to be clutch packs is it more reasonable to put in a rebuilt tranny and torque converter or just replace the clutch pack. My instinct is all the other parts are old and if the tranny comes out I should replace all I can. In my research I saw where some companies add extra clutch plates to the 3-4 pack is this needed for a stock motor that does moderate towing occaisionaly? This is the first transmission issue I have had with my chevys my 98 5.7 pick up never gave me any tranny probs until it was sold with 135,000 miles on it so I am somewhat cluless in this particular area. Thank you for responding so quickly.
Paul

Last edited by neo297; 03-17-2010 at 11:14 AM.
neo297 is offline   Reply With Quote