View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #8
wheatlandbrawler

Re: 350ci build help

Quote:
Originally Posted by djracer View Post
With those few inches I would think it would take a pretty good head to make those numbers N/A.
dont get me wrong you cant do it with a set of double humps or vortech castings, but a decent set of iron eagles would meet the demands i have had good luck with small blocks, allways thought about a big block but they are so much more exspensive then a small block. my new small block makes 613hp on the motor. i have some cash in it but most of the money is in the short block to make sure it holds the spray. sometimes bigger is not allways better IMO, things to take into account are reciprocating weight, and the ability to fill the cylinder as fast as you can and discharge as fast as you can with any engine. but with a small block your volumetric efficiceny is higher then a standard big block. less space to fill yes, but it allows you to dump your spent mixtures in order to get the next cycle in. im not doubting the reliability or power potential of a big block at all. they are proven in power but my personal experiences have proven that making 500hp is relatively easily done with a small block. you start cracking 600 and the bank account takes a blow.