View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #117
amcgeh01

Re: 1972 Blazer 5.3 E85/ NV4500 5spd 4x4 Build

[QUOTE=72truckman;3406082]Havent updated in foreverrrr....

Engine mounts

Hi Truckman,

I wanted to thank you for putting alot of pics and info online as I am doing the same build for a 72' GMC Jimmy 4x4 but came across a challenge that you seem to have already conquered regarding the motor mounts.. As I was procuring parts last year and following others advice along the way, I purchased a set of CPP LS1 conversion brackets as shown here.. http://www.classicperform.com/Store/...cks/CPLS1K.htm However, after closer inspection there is no way to attach them to the frame as there are no mounts on the frame side. IN THE pic you have some kind of bracket coming off of the frame and I was just curious to know where you may have found it or did you make it..?

I have seen several different setups in the last 24 hours as I have been frantically trying to find the best solution as we just discovered this yesterday when my mechanic friend came by to assess what needed to be done... I also noticed CPP also carries a conversion bar that runs from side to side and some weld-on brackets like those that you have but which is the best for our 4x4's since we sometimes drive quite differently than street driven rides. That conversion bar looks like it might get caught on something. (Edited: Found out the conversion bar they sell and everything else is only for 2WD only - though not really outlined)..

Also, my 2nd request is where did you get your gas tank from that had the in-tank pump already in it..? I have seen several different ones but anything custom made seems to be over $500 dollars and out of my range right now…

Nice choice on the Champion Rad as I picked one up last month from their headquarters here in C.M. BTW, Do you remember which hoses you bought that fit..?

Thanks in advance..
-A.J.
Attached Images

Last edited by amcgeh01; 03-18-2010 at 11:10 PM.
amcgeh01 is offline   Reply With Quote