View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #161
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Boss 338 Wheels **GROUP BUY**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
Brent,

Loot at the pictures of the hub bore on my other post, the taper from the back to the front of the wheel. They are deffinately the new design, I think some genius at Boss thought we were having fitment issues at the base of the hub and not the front.

Either way, it was a five minute fix and I got em on.
Just re-read my post and I didn't mean to give the impression that I thought yours should have fit -- just odd that my stock replacement rotors were significantly smaller than the hub bore on the rims whereas yours were obviously tight. A veritable case of YMMV. I'm still interested in the diameter of your hubs if you can measure before you grind the other side (if you haven't already ... although from you last post it looks like you did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
As for the rears when I was at my tire store I had them pull a tamper proof lug nut off that I didn't have the key for, well he got it off and he grabbed a replacement lug nut and proceeded to put it on. Well I walked around the back of my truck and noticed his impact wrench was hammering all the way down the threads not just when it snugged up. The damage was done, he either cross threaded it or used the wrong lug nut. When I went to pull it off it was really tight on the threads, it spun about 1 and a 1/2 turns then stripped the splines inside the drum.
D'OH!!!

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 03-23-2010 at 07:46 PM.