Thread: 6.0 or Bust!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
buckshot305

Re: 6.0 or Bust!!!

Thanks guys! Like I said, it will get off to a slow start while I gather parts, but once everything is in place its on! I'm trying to find a electronic speedo gauge cluster, but no luck. I can't remember who bought the 87 cluster that had the electronic speedo, but is it possible that my 87 already has one? There is a slight noise that sounds like it's coming from behind the dash that increases with speed - so I suspect that it has a mech. speedo. Any thoughts?

Anyone dealt with Hot Rod Revolutions in Cumming, GA? I spoke with the owner today and he was very nice to deal with. He said he could set me up with any motor trans combo, engine mounts, modify my harness and tune the ecm. He even said that he would build a trans mount for free if he could have my truck for a few days of R&D. I'm thinking about trying to get a "package deal" where I buy an engine/trans, mounts, and have him do the harness and ecm for a "package price". He also told me he has a 85 C10 shop truck with a carb'd genIII and TH350. He told me that with his mounts Pacesetter F-body headers fit with no modifications. He is supposed to be sending me pics from his truck, I'll post them when I get them.

The truck in the video is my 83 K10 that I built in 06. I dd it for a year and put 15K on it before I parked it. I still drive it a good bit, but I'm scared of 2 things: parking lots and other drivers, but it doesn't keep me from enjoying it. If I had the patience to do it I would post a retrospective build thread on it, as I have over 300 pictures of the whole process. It's been 4 years since I've had a project, so I can't wait to start on this one. I've always wanted a 2wd Brother for my K10!
buckshot305 is offline   Reply With Quote