View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #10
Eturnit3
Bloodied Knuckles

Re: 72 GMC LWB 4x4 Project "How Much?"

Im running new 4" springs up front and since Im shackle flipping the rear with 5" shackles due to the sag it currently has with the old stock springs. Should leave it sitting fairly level with room for 35's with a little fender trimming. I was really wanting to go 6". and even ordered the parts for it originally. I figure on half ton running gear Im only gonna be able to push 35's (hopefully) without to much trouble. My approach angles are pretty good with 4" lift and the way the bumper rides so hi. This truck sits heavy and wide so I decided not to go any higher than I absolutely need to keep my COG as low as possible so I can at least run the bypass trails by the big obstacles

Also picked up what I believe to be a np203 paired to a th350 (with linkage). So I'm looking into setting up a doubler. Brake lines came in today and look sweet. I went with the brake lines from skyjacker for the 6"-8" lift to allow a little extra length for articulation. Forgot I picked up a Detroit ez locker for the 12 bolt, not that I have much faith in it, but I'm gonna run it since this setup is temporary anyhow. Im pulling the old 12 bolt Saturday and swapping in the new. I still need to pick up the rear shocks, but they stock Ranchos here for lifted trucks at Orielly. I have rs5000's for the front. I was kinda wondering what the noticeable difference is between the rs5000's and the rs9000's, aside from 50 bucks lol.
I will run this setup for the summer, with some minor tweeks I'm sure. The next (planned) major mods will be interior. The plan is to set up for some suspension seats and 5 pt harness, a custom center counsel. Also will be adding a second battery for the winch/emergency jumps, etc... Custom switch panel (for winch, dual battery, lighting etc) from 12voltguy.com.... If only I was made of money...

Last edited by Eturnit3; 03-25-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Eturnit3 is offline   Reply With Quote