Thread: Cam Replacement
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #60
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: Cam Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
Also, not sure if you can see it from my pics, but there is no Allen screw adjustment on my heads. The valves are in and the rockers are on a stud with the nut, thats it.
Well, there should be.
Those are what is generally refered to as "poly-locks" style rocker adjustment nuts. They are not like the factory "prevailing torque" nuts. The factory nuts are "crimped" slightly, which acts like a nylon lock nut, but is able to withstand the hot oil.
Roller rockers use a taller nut that puts the hex above the slot in the rocker arm body. All of them that I have ever seen use a different method for locking them in place. The taller nut sticks up above the stud. This space allows the use of an "Allen" screw threaded down the middle. This screw binds against the top of the stud and locks in the adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote