View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #241
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

I really wish I had more progress to report, but what are ya gonna do? Yesterday was spent with my oldest kid and wife at the U of MN campus for a open house. She'll be going there in the fall. Just got the estimated costs...ouch. I also procrastinated on ordering the sound deadener so it won't be here until tuesday. So I just finished up some things on the door to get it ready. Followed some of nuke1 metal dressing and ended up re-welding a section. I had the butt weld slightly misaligned so when it sanded flat I could see the line of the two pieces together. I added some weld on the inside which should make it stronger.

I kind of fixed the sash channel. It had a bow to it, the channel was banged up and the glass did not fit so well in it. I'll have to order a new rubber for it. Anyway, the driver door should be finished later this week.

I was thinking about using my paint sample, but now probably won't because it takes a different hardener than what I have now, and is not the same type of paint I'll be using later, so buying a bottler of the right hardener would probably be a waste. I'll set the cab back on the mounts and start fitting up the panels as I go.

I also pulled more parts off the old cab today. About all thats left is the rear window and windshield trim.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote