View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #32
bruce bruce

Re: Mcgaughys Big Brake Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett83 View Post
I used the front kit. Like others said, on 73-87 trucks the factory brake line routing hole through the frame is in front of the crossmember, and the rubber air line they supply you with is way to short to reach there. I took pics and sent them to Mcgaughys, and they basically played dumb and said my truck was the first one they had seen where the factory brake line was not routed behind the crossmember, so I just ordered up some stainless lines to us. the kit definitely looks great though. I have a pic here, but have not been on this site in a year, and can not remember how to post it.
They play dumb or call you a liar. My front hubs didn't spin true. My new wheels looked bent when you spun them. We sent the worst one back and they just wiped the grease out and sent it back. They said they sent a perfect "new" one back. Looks like they tried to drive the races in some more. Little did they know I made a mark on it to see if they were going to send me a new one. When I called them back the ass on the line pretty much called me a liar. I wouldn't buy anything from them agian. It'll cost me about 100.00 to get them machined properly. Not worth dealing with them anymore.

Last edited by bruce bruce; 03-29-2010 at 10:52 AM.
bruce bruce is offline   Reply With Quote