View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
nrb's70gmc

Re: HEI Ignition Problem

dupdate-- i switched the module and put the original one (from 2005 when i bought the hei)

to tell you the truth i dont know if the spare (origanal) was a faulty one or not i replaced the original one (stock) about mid 2009 with a new one (the one i just took out) i put the original (stock) in and went around the block

the mortor started right up idled fine i started driving (about 2 minutes after the engine was running it started sputtering and cutting out again. Damn it

i pulled back in the driveway poppped the hood and was reving the motor from the carb after a few rmp cycles the motor shut off i went and starded it again (fired right up)

during this test the motor was probally running for a good 4 minutes constaint---im so lost now as what i could be,,

can coils go bad? the one i have was bought new and is not very old.
1970 2wd 3/4 ton- 2004 crate 350 thorley tri-y headers-edelbrock performer eps manifold 600cfm performer carb, crane cams energizer cam,lifters, dual 2.5 magnaflows, mallory HEI, powermaster 140 amp altenator, griffen aluminum radiator.(8 MPG)

Last edited by nrb's70gmc; 03-29-2010 at 04:12 PM.
nrb's70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote