View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #64
BlueJeep

Re: Halfbreed - GMC Z71 + IH Extd Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkydog View Post
Now dropping the body is extra work compared with just laying the remnants of the IH floor onto the GM floor in a simple lap joint. Not too much extra but extra none the less. The other choice is to just spacer the IH bed .6" higher over the frame and call it good.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions. If it had been a bigger difference, like 1 or 2 inches then I would do it for sure because I want a low ride stance and will plan to use an aftermarket lowering kit. But .6" is right at the ragged edge of being worth it.
If you weren't already splicing the floor from the GMC I might say space the bed up...but since you're this far...drop the cab down to where you want it. It might even be easier to work with, depending on how it lays out.

Also, after seeing your last photos, I vote for slide the cab back and center the front wheels. I think the work of sectioning the front clip wouldn't be worth the reward. Plus, looks like your steering column/wheel are already back too far into the passenger compartment in your "forward" position.

Love the project, I'm a secret IH fan as well!

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote