View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #13
Eturnit3
Bloodied Knuckles

Re: 72 GMC LWB 4x4 Project "How Much?"

Well, I changed my mind again lol... I got the shackle flip in and the springs hung. I threw the new 12bolt under and did the full on face palm when I realized I pulled the axle from a 78 ( about 4" difference in spring perch width ) So i said a few choice words and muddled around the idea of chopping the perches and remounting them to correct pinion angle and width. Then I thought, if Im gonna go threw that much trouble, I may as well just use the 14 bolt... The bills are paid for next month already and work has been steady so, many updates to come... I got a few more pics of the front and a couple of the shackle flip as it sits now. Also one of my new lady friend, who likes to help with the truck and can out-weld most of you fawkers I will upload asap...

**LEFT OVERS**
So I have a D44 with 3.73's and new ball joints freshly cleaned knuckles with rotors/calipers/hubs needs a stub shaft and a ujoint, a 12bolt from this truck with 3.73's (drum brake assembly is in pieces, but I have them all) and a 12bolt from a 78 with 4.56's and a weird skid plate thingy that Im not gonna spend the time to take off. Have a Detroit ezlocker (lunch box locker) for the 12bolt also.
Eturnit3 is offline   Reply With Quote