Thread: 6.0 or Bust!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #40
buckshot305

Re: 6.0 or Bust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
i agree with the stall and you wont know the difference
Yeah, the more I think about it I think I've made up my mind on the 80. How much are a set of used L92 heads going for? I think that in the intrest of saving money I'll stick with the original plan and do a lq4/80 combo. A cam, L92 heads, L76 intake and a 2800-3000 stall converter may be the ticket.

I'm also debating on whether to get the bed Line-x'd, windows re-tinted, and get a UWS Low Profile tool box this weekend or to hold out on that stuff until after I do the swap. One way or the other, some forward progress will be had this weekend! I'm probably gonna go pick up one of two 5 Lug 12 Bolts I've found on CL. One has 3.73s and Limited Slip for 400, the other is a complete axle in unknown condition for 50. I may go with the latter and try my hand at building one myself.

That leads me to my next question. What gears? I'm between 3.73s and 4.10s, leaning heavily towards 4.10s. My 83 has 4.10s with 35s but no OD. My 2500 I just sold had a 6.0/80 with 4.10's and 33s. I will only be making occasional road trips on the highway with this truck, and most of it's driving will be stop light to stop light. I guess I should keep my streak rolling with he 4.10s. All I really want out of this truck is straight line, seat of the pants acceleration. What do y'all think?
buckshot305 is offline   Reply With Quote