View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:44 PM   #65
69c10stepside
Large Member

Re: '89 GMC C1500 build thread

Today's progress was pretty slow.. Went to pull the hood cable this morning to start work, and of course, the cable end (cab side) broke. Was going to change it out for the later style anyways, but I didn't want it to go out like that, last act of defiance maybe? Started the mock up on the a/c bracket along with the supporting brackets for it. Had to get everything close for I could measure off the total amount of belt length I needed (which is somewhere around 107 inches) Also went on a parts run for a battery, battery cables, oil, transmission fluid, all of those things that seemingly add up faster then expected.

Anyways, plan on being done with the ac bracket tomorrow first thing, then going back underneath for the oil filter/trans filter, TQ bolts, starter, and transmission linkage. Then back up top for oil/transmission fluid, along with the throttle return spring, radiator hoses (which I am having to take two splice into one kind of thing), radiator, engine coolant, and some more wiring. The radiator I bought last night sticks above the radiator support about an inch, inch and a half. Must have been out of a 3500 hd, or something similar that had a deeper radiator support. I am going to cut out the section of the support that the radiator sits on and move it down for the radiator can clear properly.

Another thing I am going to have to be ready to "rework" is the ram air kit when it comes in, as the a/c lines off of the receiver/dryer come up on to the fender now for how the brackets work. Will show that in a picture or two, but that will be for tomorrow not tonight.

1972 Gmc Jimmy

1972 Chevy C10 SWB Sold
69c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote