View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #152
Stano

Re: HEI Ignition Problem

I have a suggestion. You say you have a edelbrock carb on your truck. Have you pulled the top off and looked in it? The seats for the metering rods are flush with the bottom of the carb and when the truck sets fuel turns to varnish and when you start driving the truck again this stuff gets packed in there. How do I know you ask? Well I have the same exact problem with my 67 (in avatar). I have beat my brains out figuring this out myself on a couple occasions. And as I type this my carb is in the garage soaking awaiting a rebuild tomorrow night. Its a year old. I also have two more setting on the shelf that had the same issue. They all have had backfire through carb and exhaust, stalling, rough irratic idle when it would stay running without my foot on the gas. I have replaced distributors,MSD boxes, coils, changed fuel filters, plugs, taylor wires, pulled tank, all because of a little crap in the carb. I only drive my truck maybe two to three months a year sometimes I remember to put sta-bil in sometimes I dont. Either way its always been junk in the carb. I know how you feel on this and its worth a look.

Nice ride 67 Chevy C-10 LWB Built 350 TH-400

Wifes ride and family rig:
2001 Furd Expedition 5.4 Liter
Kickin back in Rolla,Mo. USA

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain" Mark Twain
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote