View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 11:58 PM   #1
00droptopSS
2.5/4 on 20's

Question Colors and paint schemes need help.

I am trying to decide on paint schemes for my 72. I am going with Med. Green and white. It took forever just to make up my mind on color, so I need help with layout.

My truck was a short step with solid med. olive green. In the past it had two really good color change paint jobs on it, so I had to tear it all the way down to do new paint. This will be the fourth color this truck has been.

Now it's going to be a fleetside with the side trim and I can't decide on how to do the paint.

I like the white roof with the trim so that is done, but what about the sides. I was thinking of both upper and lower trim moldings with the white in between. That looks great with the med. green. (I saw one on Ebay last week that helped me make up my mind on color). What about just the lower trim with white on the bottom and on the roof? Was that even an option on a 72?

The only limits I have put on my project is it has to be original looking, with a factory color and paint scheme from 72. At this point I am over budget and have spent more money making the truck look old again than on custom stuff. So I want to stick to my goals.

All opinions, pictures, and comments are appreciated.

My Old 72 SWB

Last edited by 00droptopSS; 05-14-2003 at 09:05 AM.
00droptopSS is offline   Reply With Quote