View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #37
joeelutz

Re: Truck done 2 weeks and already damaged. Will Geico pay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
Insurance can differ from state to state but where I'm from (CA) Insurance follows the vehicle primarily and driver secondary.

If the passenger owned the vehicle and the vehicle is insured by them through Geico they should cover it.

If the passenger has Geico and its not there car then Geico won't cover it becuse they had nothing to do with the accident.

If the passenger owns the car and they have Geico but that particular car is not covered (Lets say it was registered non op and they drove it un insured) then they won't be covering it.

I would report it to your insurance company....Hopefully you chose to have UM coverage added to the policy.

Have your painter freind write up a estimate for ALL repairs. Once you get payment you can fix how you see fit.

Brandin (Insurance Agent)
Brandin, Thanks for the advice. It's my understanding that insurance follows vehicle first here in NC also. It's also my understanding that the passenger was the owner of the vehicle. I'm going to talk to my insurance co tomorrow and see what they say. They driver and passenger told me at the time of the accident that they had just added the vehicle to the policy prior to the incident. They also had the wrong plate on the vehicle, but supposedly showed a Bill of Sale to the policeman where they had just bought the vehicle and have 30 days to get the plate changed over.

Joe
joeelutz is offline   Reply With Quote