View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 12:59 AM   #13
nebdrummer

Re: my 50 build... why not?

well, got the front of the truck all put back together with the drop spindles.

got the bottom of the front bumper 6.5 inches off the ground still with 4 inches of shock travel. so that should do pretty good.

a day later, i tore it back apart. started lowering on the rear end of it. im holding off on the 4 link setup just because of all the other required work needed, and not enough time or money before BTT50's in minnesota.

i initially wanted to drop it 4 inches, but seeing how easy this was, i went a little further, and all in all, it should be around 5 to 5.5 inches of drop in the rear.

not sure if you guys know or not, but the 3/4 ton frame is different than the 1/2 ton. on the half tons, the frame notch above the axle goes just about all the way to the bed wood, on the long box's, theres about 2-3 inches between the two, so it just makes it a little more tricky to get it as low as you half ton'ers.

i figure'd i'd show ya some pictures on how easy this swap was for my 3/4 ton.

before:

after. all i did was flip the shackle mounts. that alone gave me about a 4" drop. i also removed another leaf from the stack, so now there is only 3 per side.

the 3 red holes need to be drilled, but the yellow one is a rivet hole from the rear frame cross member that im moving back for a bigger fuel cell. then the rest of the holes just drilled from there.

it shows 4 inches here. i will be removing the bump stops, and after the bed, fuel cell, fenders, ect. get put back on, it should be about 3 inches of travel. good enough for now i think!

i just ordered 4* shims for the spring perches to align my pinion angle. and after that, its all done! minus the fuel cell.

not too bad for a days worth of work!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212

Last edited by nebdrummer; 04-13-2010 at 01:07 AM.
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote