View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #31
myoldmetal

Re: Bucket seats for you 67-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbanger View Post
I have to throw a spanner in the works here and NO disrespect intended, but IMHO all these modern seats in our Trucks just end up looking like great big (usually Grey) lumps, with padded humps and bumps sticking out all over them and they always look completely out of proportion for the inside of a 67-72 cab. Not to mention that they end up looking about as natural as steelies with baby moons and wide whites on a Nissan Skyline. And using seats from a Japanese vehicle in a "CHEVY"...christ on a bike!! what next? maybe a nice economical Honda engine under the hood.
Sorry again folks, but this is a pet hate of mine.
well I believe its all in the name of creating something that is an extension of yourself, and something that you are comfortable with. I personally like to have modern options on an old vehicle....at least its not such a chore to drive them if you have a cupholder, AC, a cd player, disk brakes, some lumbar support under you butt, etc.
modern seats are no different that putting a sb chevy motor in a 34 ford, or how about Carrol Shelby putting a v8 in a British car and calling it an AC Cobra??
no disrespect to anyone at all, but gearheads have been crossing parts to different cars forever, and I personally enjoy reading these threads to see the custom ideas (for all budgets) for these great trucks! I agree that some of these swaps are more tasteful than others, but that in fact, is a matter of opinion.........
71 K20 4x4-454/700R4/4:10 locked up
64 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
90 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 16V (daily driver)
myoldmetal is offline   Reply With Quote