View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #35
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Re: Bucket seats for you 67-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoldmetal View Post
well I believe its all in the name of creating something that is an extension of yourself, and something that you are comfortable with. I personally like to have modern options on an old vehicle....at least its not such a chore to drive them if you have a cupholder, AC, a cd player, disk brakes, some lumbar support under you butt, etc.
modern seats are no different that putting a sb chevy motor in a 34 ford, or how about Carrol Shelby putting a v8 in a British car and calling it an AC Cobra??
no disrespect to anyone at all, but gearheads have been crossing parts to different cars forever, and I personally enjoy reading these threads to see the custom ideas (for all budgets) for these great trucks! I agree that some of these swaps are more tasteful than others, but that in fact, is a matter of opinion.........
Everyone's taste is different, that I completely understand, and mixing and matching engines and body parts is also completely understandable. I AGREE WITH IT ALL!!...it's how the world of hot rodding was born, and the marriage of British styling and pure American muscle gave us one of the best looking and best driving race cars the world has ever seen, but remember the AC Cobra was, as I have said, a marriage of two things that were born to go together, they work together they are in harmony. My point was only that these later model seats never look like they belong, IMO they are not in harmony and mostly out of proportion to the size of a 67-72 cab. I like bucket seats if I found a good retro set that I thought looked like they would work in both style and size I would buy them and fit them...no question.
Sorry if I've stepped on any toes...this is just my humble opinion.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote