View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #46
100gold

Re: Worth Restoring- Dad's old truck

Well we got the rest of the paint done. We did the Hood( sorry forgot pics) the bed and all of our small pieces like the ashtray and glovebox door. We're very happy fellas now that that paint gun is put away!

We put the bed on yesterday and the stance is starting to show up now. Those tires that are on it are 235-75-15's on 6 inch Buick Riviera wheels.

I bought a set of ET slotted mags off of craigslist and they would not fit. As I was advised by TX FIRFIGHTER. What can I say, I gotta learn the hardway I guess.

I paid 200.00 for them and was able to sell them the next week for what I paid.

Wheel and tire selection for this truck is driving me crazy!

We'll get going on the cutting and polishing this next week and see if we can get enough interior in it to get the motor fired up.

We bought this motor from a guy that had built it for a Chevelle. He put less than 100 miles on it and ordered an Edelbrock crate motor for his Chevelle, a 454. He spent 5 grand on this motor and claimed that it was built for 400 horsepower.

No paperwork with the motor and he couldn't remember the cam specs. We can see that the right parts are there for his claim but more than likely it's overcammed. Our goal is to get it started before we put the front clip on and if we have to recam it the job will be much easier.

So here's some pics and comments are more than welcome! Also, wheel and tire suggestions would sure be helpful!
Attached Images

100gold is offline   Reply With Quote