View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #120
bjcaldwe

Re: AD Truck Project

No real updates so far. I did get the serial and ran it today. It is a 52 short bed that came with a 228ci engine. It was built in St Louis.

I have half my spare parts, etc sold. We got the cab off the first frame, getting it ready to hopefully sell. We barely got it off before it was a turd floater today. Go figure, it has been nearly 80 and dry for a few weeks. As soon as I start to do something it is cold and rainy lol. We have someone interested in the 3 window cab now too. If all works out I will have my dad paid back for the 52 gmc, and then can start saving up for my mustang II crossmember, and 4link. I need to get some part of the 52 moved up to my house so I have something to work on.

My game plan for now is to get the suspension under it, put on my cab corners, fix the hole in the floor, and maybe clean and paint the interior. Then get a motor and transmission in it. Get it running, and then work on the body later. If I could find one cheap, I would get another frame and work on it separate at my house, and then swap the body once the frame was ready. If anyone knows of some affordable, but good quality control arms and drop spindles, I am all ears.
bjcaldwe is offline   Reply With Quote