View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #29
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

The radiator is just a 19x22 cheepie that I found online for $140ish. I used universal isolators from Jegs, and bent up some 1" x 1/8" strap to hold them on the bottom, then sunk that in the new bottom of the radiator support. The top is the same treatment, but with 2" wide straps, so the mounting bolts could fit alongside the 3/4" wide isolators.

The transmission cooler is a 19,000 gvwr one from B&M, same one I've used on projects for years. I made some mounting rods for it from some 3/8" round stock, and it kinda matches the round stock used to support the bottom center of the grille. This was because I was out of 1" wide strap....so rather than run to the hardware store for some more I spent 2 hours making these

Since I'm pretty sure I have ADD, I skip around quite a bit. Tonight I mounted my 88 Chevy bench seat, and surprisingly it clears the doors throughout the whole range of the sliders (though not by much). I'll make some floor reinforcement plates for under the floor later, and will do the same for the seatbelts. I'm going to try to use the OEM seatbelts out of the 88 as well, we'll see if there is enough room for the retractors back there. I wonder about cutting out the support that used to divide the under seat tool box from the gas tank, as I speculate it adds structure to the rear cab mounts.

Next up, I'll finish up mounting my steering column and pedals, and install my new Lokar transmission shift linkage. Then plumbing, wiring, and driveshaft...

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler

Last edited by BlueJeep; 04-18-2010 at 10:57 PM.
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote