View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #617
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Boss 338 Wheels **GROUP BUY**

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Might be some disappointed 338 fans out there. Just decided I should check the new hub bore and compare it with my front hubs (assuming the 20x8.5 will have the same bore as the 20x10). Here are the results from my digital caliper:
New 338 hub bore on the front side of rim: 2.682" (68 mm)

Stock hub outside diameter: 2.835" (72 mm)
So it looks like even after all this waiting I'm still gonna get to do some grinding on the hubs to get the fronts to fit. That's really super-duper-uncool, even if it's only 2 mm all around. I thought these had been reworked to fit properly.

(No, I haven't tried test-fitting yet. The chassis is still buried under a pile of parts from winter storage.)

Brent

Posted this in the other thread but thought I'd share here, too, since not all of you follow both threads. (And am I the only one not getting notifications anymore from this board when a reply is posted in a thread I follow?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Better yet, I might drag a rim to AutoZone and see if they'll pull a stock HD rotor for me to test-fit. That'd be a helluva lot easier than trying to get at the chassis. I think I'll go throw a rim in the back of my car right now.
Just got back from AutoZone. BAD NEWS. The stock rotor does not fit into the -3 rim. I forgot to bring my caliper to measure, but from what others have reported it seems to be the same issue as with the old revision, bottoming out about 1/4" short of sitting flush. Honest to God, what the did they change in this revision?!

I'm going to be making a call to the regional AEW office tomorrow and let them know what's up. It's not the regional manager's fault they effed it up, but at least he can pass it up the chain.

Unbe-effing-lievable.

Brent

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)