View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #161
Burt4x4

Re: Ready to go 1 Ton/K5

Winter ta-do list:
Swap out leaky oil pan gasket, bought a fancy 1-piece to replace old-school 3 piece. Oh and my oil cooler is leaking a bit, clean & repair. Got too peak at my crank and see the cylender walls for the first time sence I installed the 454. Still looks nice and "fresh" up there Paint the pan & X-member while it's out. I love spray paint!
Rear diff fluid swap & add DIY Guardsman pinion skid plate.
Pass-side front U-bold swap, old used & too short for new better fitting Ubolt.
H1 wheels are showin rust were the welded insert touches the wheel on the opposite side of the weld Adding POR-15 to that "crack/groove" to seal it for good! I love POR just don't gett that stuff on your skin, it has to wear off, it won't wash off for nothin!
PSC gearbox leak One of the male connecters for the ram has developed a leak. I am affraid it may bee the weld that holds the fitting into the gear box, I haven't got that far yet.
I'll roll around under my rig for quite some time and just look for stuff, this also helps me remeber how & what I did over the years, tighten & clean stuff up...rolling around on a creeper with beer is fun! hahah until the wife yells at me for being in the grarage "all Day" damn woman! Ha! Cheeper to keep her right! hehe J/K

Last edited by Burt4x4; 04-23-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Burt4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote