View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Underhood painting/electrical advice?

Capt'n you might try using Eastwood M/C paint as they claim the paint will resist brake fluid break down. I used paint from O'Reilly when I painted my new M/C, and just touched up as needed.

As far as running wires, it will be up to you as far as how you want to run the wires. There's wire loom, and other products that can be used to cover the wires depending on the route you will be taking, but regardless of what product you use, make sure to keep them safe as they are the lifeline for your truck.

If you're considering using electical tape to wrap the wires, be sure to use some high quality tape. IIRC, the tape that GM used didn't actually adhere to the wire like common electical tape does, resulting in a non-sticky removal.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote