View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #8
lookingtobuy

Re: Bought a Soft Top...

Good morning, The overall quality of the top is great! The instructions are sub par (according to my friend). The installer needs to be mechanically inclined. There are things that are left out and you kinda have to guess how they go together. The only drilling in on the top of the windshield frame. I purchased the extra bar that holds the snaps and in attached with 5 self tapping screws. These are TOO short and it is a pain in the ass to put them in. There is room and he recommended buying longer screws either self tapping or pre drilling will work.

The material is a HEAVY DUTY canvas contact softtopper for info on the exact material.
The fit around the front windows in crappy.. that being said I realize that there is not much you can do about a frameless window seal. You have to have the window down slightly to open and close the door. When you crank up the window it just runs inside the canvas.

I just got the truck back yesterday so I havent had time to fart around with it.

Overall .. its the only one out there and obviously the hard top is not going to be put on and off easily.

I will post more info as i use the truck and deal with the top.

I hope this helps and will answer any other questions.

PS She is still for sale
lookingtobuy is offline   Reply With Quote