View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #243
BBEEP

Re: 52 GMC Envoy Burb meld/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkydog View Post
Hey BBEEP, as you were making your decisions on how to graft the Envoy firewall to the Burb cowl, did you run into any issues with the windshield wiper posts & linkages? I was planning to try and use my modern wiper linkage and posts but using the old locations and post brackets. I just realized I have to have a solid plan ahead of time because once I tack weld the graft I will close off some access up into these areas.

Was yours pretty straight forward?
I haven't been too concerned about that. I will use the Envoy if I can, but most likely will use a universal wiper that has been recommended by a couple of local builders. It is a cable system and takes very little space.
I was thinking the same as you are to start with, that I would have major problems. Even considered wipers above the windshield, but have been assured this aftermarket is the way to go. I have "Raingear" on my 48 GMC Panel that works very well, but it is too large for the space I have. I will get some pics of my space and find out the name of the system when I can.
61 Impala Wagon SOLD BARRETT JACKSON SCOTTSDALE 1-18-13
67 c/10 SOLD 2012
71 SS454
77 c/20 Sold 11-11-15
08 TBSS The Wife's car!!
50 GMC School Bus SOLD 11-7-10
29 F**D Delivery (Chevy powered) SOLD 11-4-11

53 GMC 630 Firetruck/Ramp Truck
BBEEP is offline   Reply With Quote